Thursday, August 14, 2008

10 years

Ten years ago Eric and I were married in Cardston, Alberta. We first met as running partners thanks to a mutual friend. I never imagined I'd marry young; I was 20, he was 24. Or that I would have a dog and a truck (both gone now), renovate old houses (very enjoyable), or enjoy being a mother so much (and I am so wanting another one right now!).

Cardston Temple with Old Chief Mountain in the background.

I suppose we ought to have done something big and expensive, but our celebration today was very low-key. We ate at our town's fanciest restaurant: the only restaurant with tablecloths and cloth napkins. The food was quite disappointing. When you live in France every summer, it's hard to come back to iceberg lettuce and overcooked fish and flavorless bread. Now Eric is trying to get Zari to sleep. I already nursed her on both sides, pottied her on her request, and she still wouldn't go down. So it's his turn now!

8 comments:

  1. Does it feel like you've been married forever and yet also that the time has flown? I remember feeling that way when Jon and I hit our 10th in January.

    Congrats on a wonderful 10 years, and I hope the next 10 are even better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary. Cheers to many more happy years together and many more happy homebirthed babies together xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah..a belated Happy Anniversary. I remember the day well. Hope you had a great anniversary. Love Dad Freeze

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary!
    What a gorgeous picture of your temple!!

    j

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 10 years. You seem very happy together. That is a blessing. I hope you enjoy the rest to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Rixa and Eric!! Everything you do together, you do so well, and with such a zest for life. Enjoy your new home! (Do keep us updated on how you're settling in.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy tenth anniversary! Very special! We got married young, too, and I wouldnt change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary, a bit late!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...