Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2026

We got internet on Wednesday and life is speeding by! I played Ultimate last Sunday and this Sunday with the team that Eric and the kids have been playing on for years. I was pleasantly sore for a few days after last weekend's game.

We did our usual Sunday swim + potluck afterwards. The kids said they didn't have much homework, but once we got home, they "discovered" lots more to do! How does that happen? They had all weekend to get it done and now it's almost 11 pm and they are still up working.

I have finished repairing the bank of 3 windows that had rot and termite damage. Good as new and looking beautiful!

Some pictures of the parts I had to rebuild with new oak (completely rotten away), what the termite damage looks like on the back side of the boards I was able to keep, and halfway through stripping off the old finish. I used a combination of denatured alcohol and lacquer thinner.





This window was made possible by Abatron wood restoration products LiquidWood and WoodEpox. Not a commercial...I just love their stuff!  

Zari is away for the weekend with the U of T Outdoor Club. It's weird not talking to her for an hour or two every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment