Thursday, June 07, 2007

Dispense with Disposables

This blog post, "Dispense with Disposables," has some great ideas on how to replace disposable products with reusable ones. I already have implemented some of her suggestions--cloth diapering being the most predominant one for me--but I could easily do several others without too much hassle. I really should sew myself a few canvas grocery bags. I hate coming home with piles of plastic bags.


  1. That is a very interesting post. I will have to read more carefully when I have the time. She brings up some very do-able things. Thanks for pointing that out, Rixa.

  2. For grocery bags, you could also check on ebay. Although, I just remembered that you're a great sewer. But one time I found 10 great canvas bags for like $4 on ebay. (It was several years ago, so I don't remember the exact price, but it was cheaper than material.) Anyway good for you. And your baby's bum will appreciate the cloth diapers as well, my boys sure did.

  3., 1:59 AM

    I know you can sew Rixa...but for any other readers, we have these great bags from - here's the link (no idea how to really link it here):
    I found ours on ebay...but I swear, they're worth their money!

  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

  5., 2:03 AM

    Grrr...that cut off the link. If you're interested, go to, then under shopping bags - heavy duty - it's the ACME earthtote (brown ones). We LOVE ours :)

  6., 2:18 AM

    ...and while I'm over-posting, why on earth did I never think to use cloth wipes for myself (for pee anyway)?? I have a gazillion, and have cloth diapered the kids all along. Amazing how sometimes it just takes a little nudge! We already do almost all the other things, but great post :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...