Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hospital recommendations in San Diego

Navelgazing Midwife recently added this comment to an an older post, A Hospital Birth With Dr. Wonderful. Some had asked where the birth took place, and I thought I'd repost NGM's response here so no one misses it.

The hospital was Scripps Encinitas...the absolutely most receptive hospital in San Diego to natural birthing styles.

The birth center in UCSD Hospital in Hillcrest is delightfully staffed with only CNMs and I have attended great births there, too. However, when the births are in L&D, they become much more technical, but have still been more lovely than many births around the city...that's, of course, if the midwives are "directing" the birth and not the OBs or Residents. Then, all bets are off.

To contact me, see my site at www.amamamamidwifery.com - email me anytime!

(And I've moved my blog to a site that isn't censoring me...navelgazingmidwife.squarespace.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...