The Birthingown is an Empire-waist wraparound dress in a soft, curve-hugging rayon/lycra jersey. It crosses over in the back, rather than the front, allowing for anesthesia access without requiring the woman to disrobe. Unlike typical hospital gowns, which don't even come close to covering a woman's backside--especially when she's walking and swaying--the Birthingown's generous knee-length wraparound design keeps everything fully covered. Each shoulder flap opens to allow easy access for skin-to-skin contact and breastfeeding, as well as IV/BP lines. The top of the gown is fully lined.
Just imagine if you arrived at L&D and the nurse greeted you with your choice of Birthingown, rather than those frumpy hospital gowns!
|coco & pink Birthingown|
Where to buy:
Birthingowns are sold at several brick-and-mortar stores around the US and Canada. Online vendors include BellaBlu Maternity and Stella Maternity.
Cost: retails around $65. Deep discounts available for bulk orders. Custom fabric colors available. Please inquire for details.
Now for the fun part...
I am thrilled to offer this coco & blue Birthingown to a lucky winner! If you're an expecting mom, you get an extra chance to enter the giveaway. You can also earn an extra entry by creating a funny caption for the hospital gown photo below.
- To enter, visit the Birthingown website and leave a comment about what you like best about the gown
- Open to US or Canada residents
- Expecting moms get an extra entry--leave another comment, please
- Contest ends at sundown on Winter Solstice (aka 5 pm EST on December 22nd)
- Extra entry to anyone who submits a caption for this photo and makes me laugh out loud: