Friday, January 11, 2013

30 weeks pregnant


Dio had to have his turn in the pregnancy silhouette series. It ended up being almost the exact same pose as last time, just with a different child!

A week ago I had a major sciatica flareup. For a few days I could hardly move or walk; I would be grabbing onto furniture or walls, hobbling from place to place. Not funny, even though I was laughing at myself because I looked so ridiculous. I've always had some discomfort in this exact same location (right to the left of my sacrum), but it was mild with previous pregnancies.

A visit to a chiropractor immediately fixed the spasms that kept me from walking, although the overall pain has taken much longer to subside. But I am mobile now, so that's great. I'm going to see him again next Monday. He also happens to be our city counselor, so I gave him the run-down on the crossing guard situation at Zari's elementary school. He's very supportive of walking to school and has been seeing what strings he can pull.

Measuring 33 cms at 30 weeks along. Weight hasn't changed this past month. BP is great and baby is moving and kicking a lot. I feel lots of big kicks near the top of the fundus and smaller wiggles and hiccups near the pubic bone.

We had a nice afternoon playing outside and then dancing. The purple dresses are from my mom. I put on music I danced to growing up: Blue Danube waltz by Strauss, Polovtsian dances by Borodin, and Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky.


Dio was sad that he didn't get a dancing dress, so I pulled something out of the closet for him.
 

9 comments:

  1. Oooooh Felicitations!!! I did not know you were having a baby. We had our fourth a year ago today:) His birth was not as planned...(are they ever??lol!!)but I am so in love:)
    Take care lovely mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally random question, but have you ever heard of the Sacral wedgy? They sell them on amazon. I got one a few months ago and it is used to help keep your sacrum aligned. I actually sit on mine while driving, but it's also great for relaxing on the floor. No idea about if it is safe to used during pregnancy but it could be an option to help keep everything aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so awesome that you gave Dio a dress to dance in. Not many parents would be so open to letting their son do that. And you're already 30 weeks?? Time really has flown!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that last photo! I can't believe you're already 30 weeks along. As an outsider watching, it seems like your pregnancy has flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, they are getting so big!

    Glad that the chiropractor helped and hope that the sciatica stays at bay.

    Wow, 30 weeks...seems like the final stretch is in sight!! = )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the chiro shout out. I refer moms to mine almost daily. Glad to see you are doing so well.
    Ob

    ReplyDelete
  7. are you still breastfeeding inga, how long have you breastfed your kids, aere you baby led weaning, are you gonna post more birth & breastfeeding

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, she's still nursing twice a day, at naptime and bedtime. My supply completely tanked by the end of the first trimester (always does when I'm pregnant) so nothing has been coming out for a while. She nurses for about 10 seconds and then I take her off. We'll see if she takes it up again once the baby is born. Zari and Dio both nursed until they were past 3 years old. As far as baby-led weaning, yes, I suppose I do that. I've never really bothered giving it a label, but I give them table foods once they're really, really interested and able to eat. I've never fed purees or prepared baby foods. I also wait until they are really demanding it, rather than trying to encourage them to start solids. Zari started eating solids at 10 months, Dio at 6, and Inga at 9.

    ReplyDelete
  9. im still breastfeeding my 3 year old daughter, probably will continue for a while, i was wondering are you gonna publish more videos of you breastfeeding cuz i really enjoyed that, it gives me encouragement that i can be confident in breastfeeding my kids, i love your blog & videos

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...