Friday, January 03, 2014

Moving to France!

Now that Eric has tenure, we are making plans for our Sabbatical year. We'd like to move to France, but our plans are otherwise open-ended. Our favorite city is Nice, ideally in or close to vieux Nice. But we are open to other locations...maybe you can persuade us to stay somewhere else :)

We're open to either renting or buying a place. We'd like at least 3 bedrooms for our family of 6, but if need be we can squeeze into 2 bedrooms.

Zari, Dio, and Inga will be all in French public schools. I'll have mornings with just Ivy--such a strange thought to only have one child at home during the day!

If you have any leads or suggestions, please please let us know. We're flying into Nice on August 1st and hope to stay through August 2015, give or take a few weeks.


7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful and exciting adventure! My husband lived near Nice for 3 years and it was such a wonderful experience for him and his family (he was 7-10). Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so jealous! I studied in France for a bit in college (mostly based in Antibes) and I loved it...would love, love to go back someday. I know I have heard Eric and the children speaking French in your videos, but do you, Rixa?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Montpellier or Aix en Provence are also very nice city's. Also culturally active. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We lived in Lyon for a year and can't say enough positive about it. Fabulous parks, few tourists, rich history, not to mention being the gastronomic capitol of France. If you think it's a spot you'd seriously consider, email me and I'll do my best to convert you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My only advice is to travel as much as possible. Come to England! I live in England and love it. :) See as much of Europe as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds amazing, Rixa! I hope you will come back to visit Morton ward before you move!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...