We got back from a 2-week trip to California (Eric's family reunion and a visit to my sister) late Friday night. I feel paralyzed with how much we have to get done in the next 3 days.
Here's a sampling of what we've done since we came home from California:
- Installed 3 storm windows that were being repaired
- Scraped and repainted the brick moulding that holds the 4 French doors in our living room
- Finished painting and trimming the French doors--we'll get them put back up tomorrow
- Repaired a heavily rotted/damaged 6-pane window with Abatron WoodEpox. I need to sand it down tomorrow and then install the new glass and glazing.
- Mowed the lawn
- Pulled endless weeds and took out lots of poison ivy. (Stink eye at our neighbor, who has an enormous poison ivy vine--more like sizable tree--growing up their sugar maple. I offered to take care of it for them, but they said no. So we get hundreds of poison ivy seedlings in our yard and gardens every year.)
- Cleaned out and washed our fridge and freezer
- Started washing our kitchen cupboards inside and out
- Repainted 3 radiators in the kitchen and dining room
- Painted the dining room window
- Packed the kids' clothes (most of them, at least)
- Packed my own clothes...still have shoes and accessories/toiletries left to pack
- Mended several items of clothing since I won't have a sewing machine in France...unless of course I buy one secondhand :)
I have so many things to take care of that I haven't been able to sleep well at night...maybe 4 hours a night. Then I lie in bed thinking of all the things I need to do.
I can't wait until we pull out of our driveway and head to the airport.
I'm starting to fall asleep at the computer. Bonne nuit!