Tuesday, July 29, 2014

3 days until D-day

Our big departure for France happens in less than 72 hours!

We got back from a 2-week trip to California (Eric's family reunion and a visit to my sister) late Friday night. I feel paralyzed with how much we have to get done in the next 3 days.

Here's a sampling of what we've done since we came home from California:
  • Installed 3 storm windows that were being repaired
  • Scraped and repainted the brick moulding that holds the 4 French doors in our living room
  • Finished painting and trimming the French doors--we'll get them put back up tomorrow
  • Repaired a heavily rotted/damaged 6-pane window with Abatron WoodEpox. I need to sand it down tomorrow and then install the new glass and glazing. 
  • Mowed the lawn
  • Pulled endless weeds and took out lots of poison ivy. (Stink eye at our neighbor, who has an enormous poison ivy vine--more like sizable tree--growing up their sugar maple. I offered to take care of it for them, but they said no. So we get hundreds of poison ivy seedlings in our yard and gardens every year.)
  • Cleaned out and washed our fridge and freezer
  • Started washing our kitchen cupboards inside and out
  • Repainted 3 radiators in the kitchen and dining room
  • Painted the dining room window
  • Packed the kids' clothes (most of them, at least)
  • Packed my own clothes...still have shoes and accessories/toiletries left to pack
  • Mended several items of clothing since I won't have a sewing machine in France...unless of course I buy one secondhand :)
I also have 2 tenants to move out on Thursday and 3 new ones to move in before we leave.

I have so many things to take care of that I haven't been able to sleep well at night...maybe 4 hours a night. Then I lie in bed thinking of all the things I need to do.

I can't wait until we pull out of our driveway and head to the airport.

I'm starting to fall asleep at the computer. Bonne nuit!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the only word that comes to mind. I am excited for your trip and your new place and the glorious pics of your growing children. Keep on at your current rate of productivity and you cannot lose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...