Friday, December 09, 2022

Breech tour du monde, day 30: A sunny day off

I woke up in the middle of the night to a nightmare about the kids being kidnapped and held for ransom. I was up for a while after that, reading, and finally fell back asleep as the sun came up.

We had a nice walk in a national park nearby through eucalptus groves. We didn't spot any koalas, unfortunately.

At lunch we met up with a mutual friend--my host's midwife and someone I have known for a while and who I last saw in person in Ottawa in 2009! We caught up and basked in the sun. Especially me. I have been so cold this past month that it was amazing to soak in the heat.


Late in the afternoon, I strolled around the little downtown village nearby, full of quaint little shops and cafes. I might go back tomorrow when everything is open.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...