Friday, July 31, 2026

I haven't gone this long between journaling since well before Covid! Life has been busy with our trans-Atlantic migration, family reunion at my parent's cabin in northern Wisconsin, a rental car that blew its transmission and left us stranded in rural Wisconsin, a short say at my parent's house in Minnesota, and then a long drive back to Indiana.

Zari is working in Nice for the rest of the summer. She has part-time work as a bicycle tour guide, plus she's managing Le Chateau for 1-2 week HomeExchange stays and also renting out the other 2 bedrooms via Airbnb to families. She's also doing most of the painting in the building staircase.

But even with all that, she has lots of free time and I think is a bit lonely and bored. We have long video chats every day. She has found some great things treasure hunting (really nice tempered glass dive mask) plus lots of the usual items: sunglasses, underwear, shoes, goggles.

School starts next Wednesday, and then life will be on fast forward between school and soccer and all the other things that suck up our time here.

We hadn't been to my parent's house for something like 12 years, I think. I was amazed to see their deck and patio. All growing up, we never had a deck in the backyard--there was just a 6-foot dropoff if you dared to open up the back door. Finally they built it 30 years after building their house!

The gardens have always been amazing but seriously I think they up their game every year. Between the landscaping and flowers, the fruit trees and bushes, the massive vegetable garden, and the lawn where not a single blade of grass is in the wrong place...it's paradise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...