Thursday, September 17, 2026

Driving day

After some work meetings in the morning, I spent the rest of the day and evening in the car...picking up a cooktop, checking out Habitat for Humanity Restore, looking for shoes for Inga at a thrift store, meeting with the German consul regarding my citizenship application, meeting with a kitchen cabinet store to get an estimate...I got back home, dropped off snacks and uniforms for Inga's team, picked up Dio, and had about a half hour before I had to drop off Dio and then drive Ivy to her practice (1 hr away). While she was practicing, I had to charge the car so I went grocery shopping while it charged and then visited another Goodwill before pickup time. So much driving!

I managed to find Inga a great pair of shoes at Goodwill for the homecoming dance. They looked like they'd never been worn. I also found myself two dresses and a winter coat for Dio. (Eric said he'd take it if Dio didn't want it.)

Inga's knee is hurting, so she had to sit out today's game, and probably this Saturday's. Dio is playing again and his ankle is feeling good; he's careful to keep it taped before each game.

Yesterday Ivy's team had a game that got cut short (mercy rule) after they were ahead 7-0. Ivy scored 4 goals! I was there but going back and forth between her game and a cross-country meet that Dio's girlfriend was running in.




(I haven't mentioned it yet, but she and Dio have known each other since birth! Eric and I are good friends with her parents. Her mom and I were pregnant together and we shared the same birth pool. She was born 3 weeks after Dio. How's that for a long-term friendship??)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...