I breastfeed openly whenever Zari needs to eat. So far, I have nursed:
- In the hospital lobby waiting to get her PKU test done
- On a display couch in World Market. When I said I was going to nurse her, Eric said, "But what if they ask you to leave?" I said, "Then they better be prepared for a nurse-in and national publicity about kicking a breastfeeding mother out of their store." Fortunately I got no hassles there. I give the couch an A+ after its test run. It was very comfortable.
- While watching Casino Royale at the movie theater. She was an angel!
- At the annual holiday dinner for the liberal arts college where Eric works
- At a humanities division social
- In the pews during our church's sacrament meeting
- In the lobby of our church during the meeting (she was being loud and fussy) and after church, when everyone was milling around
- During our church's Christmas party & dinner, while I was eating. Talk about multi-tasking, eh?
- At various church youth functions (I am involved with the teenaged girls)
It's fine if women want to cover up, but I don't and I won't. Sorry Mom, but I will not force my daughter to endure the indiginity of eating with a blanket over her head. My mom is a big proponent of breastfeeding, but thinks that women ought to cover up while in public.
By the way, I really really really want this Breastfeeding Goddess Calendar. Hint hint for you procrastinators out there! Also, here are links to more of her breastfeeding and cesarean artwork.