Friday, December 25, 2009

Quiet Christmas

It's a quiet Christmas evening here. We have a few feet of snow on the ground. All of the children are sleeping, except Zari (she's setting out foam alphabet squares). All of the adults are gone to a movie, except me. That's life when you have a baby. The dishwasher is doing the last load of dishes from our traditional German Christmas dinner of rouladen and rotkohl, along with sides of carrot souffle, peas, homemade dinner rolls, and steamed Christmas pudding with lemon sauce. The toys from the Christmas crackers are scattered around the dining room...I should make sure nothing is on the floor, since they are most definitely choking hazards for someone Dio's size. This Christmas we all--for the most part--gave handmade gifts to each other. I love the ideas everyone came up with. I'll take some pictures and post more about them later.

I don't want to spend too much time on the computer today. Since today's celebration is, at heart, about a baby's birth, I'll leave you with a lovely birth story from NieNie, aka Stephanie Nielson. (You can read a detailed account of her plane crash story here.)

3 comments:

  1. Ours was a very quiet Christmas, too. It was so nice to spend the whole day with just my little family - no friends, no noise (except the kind made by 3 rambunctious boys), and no pressure. Now the boys are playing in all the snow we got over the past few days, and I'm reveling in the silence.... and trying not to think about the mess in this house that needs to be cleaned up. :)

    Merry Christmas, Rixa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. merry christmas...
    blessings all around you.
    love,marybeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats ! you got a nice blog, I hope you have time to visit my world www.yepeeh.co.cc ,I invited a few selected people to visit my world and you are one of them,,once again
    Congrats. Thank and more power.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...