Thursday, April 18, 2013

I'm on vacation!

Actually I'm at the Home Birth Consensus Summit Review Meeting in Warrenton, Virginia. But it FEELS like vacation.

I just have Ivy with me. I get to eat (way too much) amazing food three times a day. I don't have to watch my other kids. I don't have to cook or clean. I get to talk with all sorts of interesting people involved in maternity care all day long.

Yes, it definitely qualifies as a vacation!

We just finished our first full day of meetings. We're all exhausted and ready for some down time. I'm heading down for an informal gathering. We'll tell birth stories and just chat until we're ready for bed. Maybe I will show Ivy's birth video...I showed Inga's last time.

I can't write much right now at about the meetings, but it's been really rewarding to see how many positive changes have come about since the first Home Birth Summit 18 months ago. We've been talking in depth about all the work we want to still accomplish towards fulfilling the 9 consensus statements we came up with at the last meeting. 

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I love it! I went to the Midwifery Today conference in Eugene, OR and it was midwifery vacation-heaven. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...