Sunday, April 07, 2013

Quilt square: Breastfeeding

I wanted the last quilt square to reflect the final part of the birth cycle: nursing a baby. In that sense, it's not the end, but the beginning. Good thing, otherwise I might cry at the thought of endings!

The design is based on the International Breastfeeding Symbol. For the background, I used linen pieces left over from dyeing the ombré sling fabric. The appliqué is a thick ivory stretch cotton.


Squares 1-9 are already sewn together. After I attach the last three, the next step is putting all the layers together and then we're on to quilting! I'll probably do everything by machine; it's so much faster than by hand.

3 comments:

  1. Please post a photo of them all sewn together -- I'm dying to see it. I know it's going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rixa im overjoyed at your dear baby Ivy and all that youve shared with us. A zillion hugs and kisses to you, beautiful wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...