|She does this funny scrunchy thing with her face when she smiles|
Having only one child is SO EASY in comparison to four. Only one little person to get dressed and feed and clean up after and buckle into carseats/strollers and get in and out of the car...
Ivy's fourth tooth popped through yesterday, right in time for turning 11 months. She hasn't been cranky or drooly, so it took us by surprise.
Ivy's new tricks this month:
- She says "papa" and we're pretty sure it's intentional
- She grinds her upper tooth with her lower 2 teeth and it sounds like she's chewing on rocks. All my kids have done this
- She says "psssss" when I bring her to the potty or make the potty sign. She's still a bit hesitant to go pee, though. When it comes out, she startles and stops peeing and look around as if to say, "uh oh, I don't think I was supposed to do that!"
- She can turn around and climb down the stairs by herself
- She loves music and starts dancing any time she hears a tune or a beat
- Her favorite thing to carry around is a tube of chapstick. Not sure why, but you'll always see one in her hand.
- When she's done eating, she starts throwing her food onto the floor. Then she lifts up the tray of her high chair and throws that down, too.
- Sleeping in her own room
I was about to say that she's sleeping pretty well. She wakes up twice a night, usually, around 2 am and 5 am. But then I realized that I'm still getting up every 2-3 hours and that's not much of an improvement over a newborn! She does have that first long stretch, but I don't really benefit from it. Ah well...some day she will sleep all night long and I will feel amazing. Some day, right?
She's tricky to get back to sleep when I nurse her at night. I usually have to nurse for a good 30 minutes or more to get her tired enough. Even then, she often wakes up and cries when I leave the room. I may be the only parent who does this, but I often crawl out of the room so she can't see me as I leave. Yeah, the things you do when you have a baby...
Ivy's other "mama" Leilani--she and her family stayed with us for 3 months