Wednesday, January 06, 2021

French renovations, day 16: More ceiling demolition!

14,165 steps

It's 9pm and I think it's the first time I've sat still all day! I got started on demolition right away. Eric helped me move the piles of wood paneling out of the way, then it was just me, a hammer, and a pry bar having fun for the next several hours.

The entire side is now done! Now we have to go to the other side of the room (partitioned off by a wall) and do the same thing all over again.

 

The girls all had soccer at Cavigal today. Dio went to a friend's house in the afternoon, so I got 2 walks in today after all of my manual labor.

After soccer, Eric did cleanup for about 2 hours. Almost all of the plaster debris is now bagged up. Tomorrow we'll move the scaffolding to the other side. One of us will tear down the ceiling while the other person does cleanup and bagging. We have to cut all of the wood into small pieces and bag it as well.

Remember how Dio really REALLY did not want to do soccer? Well, today he said to me, "I'm really sad that soccer was changed to only once per week. I really want to play soccer more." (The new 6 pm curfew has caused many activities to be shortened.)

Yeah, that is the reason why I don't take his complaining too seriously.

Dinner was cauliflower, tortellini with pesto, and homemade Galette des Rois. Inga found the fève.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...