Saturday, April 17, 2021

French apartment renovation, Day 117: Soccer and SAT prep

11,285 steps

Zari was the first one up this morning; she had 9 am soccer practice. I was awake but pretending I was asleep for a while 🙂 I went on a run and worked on the breech research update the rest of the morning while Eric took the other kids to play soccer at the chateau. 

I also baked 4 loaves of sourdough. Zari said, "Mama, your bread is heaven on earth." Then she sang, "Hallelujah!"

Ivy's friend had a birthday today. Since we're in lockdown, we couldn't do a proper birthday party. But we all met back up at the cheateau mid-afternoon for outdoor play time and a few treats. Eric played soccer AGAIN in the afternoon, this time with a group of adults. Dio rode scooters with his friend for 4 hours.

At dinnertime, Eric said something to the effect of, "When you kids are all in bed, Rixa and I have intellectual conversations." Inga then asked what "intellectual" meant. Then this got Eric started on quizzing Zari on her vocabulary. It felt like SAT or ACT prep hour. A few that I managed to write down:

Sanguine.
Bloody?
No.
(looks it up) Optimistic or positive. What?!

Pollyannish.
I have not read enough literature to know what that means.

Conflagration.
On fire?
Yes.
Boom!

Pustulent.
Determined?
No.
Um, proud?
No.
I've heard it before. Aggressive? no...Pus? So acne-filled?
Yes!

Postulate.
To brag?
No.
To position?
Yes, in a way. To apply or theorize.

Telekinetic.
Oh, that's easy. A person who can, let's see, not read minds. Moving energy. I know it has somthing to do with your mind. To move with your mind.

Colostomy.
I don't even know. (looks it up) What?! Seriously? Ugh, that's horrible. 

Hernia.
I'm afraid of knowing. (looks it up) Ugh, seriously? 

Chagrin
Oh, shame! [That's an easy one--it's a French word!]

We caught Eric in an error--he mixed up "salubrious" with "salacious." Haha! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...