Sunday, August 29, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 251: The party and the afterparty

15,208 steps

Amazing weather: highs around 26 C (79 F), sunny, clear, and calm. I did my usual walk to Cimiez and back. Sometimes the kids come with me, but today I was alone. I don't mind--I get to listen to podcasts.

We watched one episode of The Flash after lunch. Then it was time for a birthday party for one of Ivy's friends. As many birthday parties are over here, this was for families, not just the group of friends. We spent a few hours together at the chateau, then continued the party into the evening at the beach. I had to leave for a Zoom meeting, but Ivy and Inga stayed for another hour.

This is the seaglass art that Ivy designed for her friend. She arranged it and I glued it.


Oh, last night a bit after 10 pm we heard some loud noises outside. What was it? Fireworks!! The city of Nice had decided to reschedule the Bastille Day fireworks for last night. That explains why the Promonade des Anglais had been closed off all day yesterday. We ran out to the beach with Zari and Dio to see the rest of it.

We took more pictures of Zari's hair. She's getting serious about trying to sell it (again) but this time I think we'll actually get it listed!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...