Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Chamonix day 4

Well, I had a lovely tumble at the very end of the very last run of the day. It was a stupid (no, I mean *incredibly graceful*) fall, because I wasn't going very fast and I have no idea what caught my ski. I bashed the back of my arm, right above the elbow, as well as my butt.

When I showed Eric and the kids at home, they freaked out. There's a huge lump there and it's turning all sorts of interesting colors. But my arm itself is fine--I have full range of motion, full use of everything, no pain when I move my arm. Just pain on the bump itself. I figure it's like a super-sized goose egg. (The photos don't show the bruise very well; it's quite dark.)

My mom skied with us on a 4-hour pass. She did great and decided to end before she had any tumbles. Very smart. I should have done the same thing. I was feeling tired and the last run had gotten incredibly icy by late afternoon.




My dad went hiking today while we were skiing. I'm glad he's enjoying himself despite not skiing with us.

I went to the sauna after skiing. Dio has had a painful cough and sore throat, so I hope I can convince him to go to the sauna tomorrow. It would probably help.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...