Wednesday, February 01, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 611: Jelly and traffic jams

My mom made several batches of prickly pear cactus fruit jelly. It's hard to find exact instructions for this type of fruit and then correlate it with the type of pectin they have in France...which means it didn't gel very much. That's fine--we'll thicken it with cornstarch and turn it into syrup. It's a gorgeous pomegrante red color.

This morning, Eric sanded, I caulked, and my dad cleaned and organized our work space.

We had our usual soccer afternoon. There was a major artery out of Nice that was completely closed, which led to enormous traffic jams. It took us an hour to get home, rather than the normal 15 minutes. Good thing I'd done a quick grocery run to Aldi and had some snacks to give Dio!

I had a breech debrief right when I got home, and then I've been working on tabulating statistics for the twin home birth paper in progress.

One week later and I'm still waiting for my paint samples to arrive. The paint store said they take up to 8 business days. That's crazy! And now that we're thinking of doing a 2-toned ceiling, we might need to start all over with the color choices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...