Tuesday, July 11, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 692: A refreshing 26.5 C!

Another morning waking up at 6 am. It would be ok if I were going to bed at 10 pm...but I'm not! I took advantage of the early wakeup to head to the tramway ticket office. There's only one physical office in all of Nice, and they've just changed their rules and pricing, which means that lines are very long. We now all have tram cards with our names and photos.

We went the kids out again in the morning. They went to the coulee verte and did some soccer juggling but also did a lot of sitting and talking.

I did lots of putzy stuff in Le Chateau: installed the toe kicks under the kitchen cabinets, drilled the holes in all 12 of the wood plaques that will go behind the light fixtures, mounted a few of the plaques onto the electrical boxes. Ivy and Inga were my "helpers" in the afternoon.

Zari and Dio helped Eric clean more of the walls and do lots of paint touch-ups.

Eric and I had a quick swim late in the afternoon. Ahhh...I'm going to miss being able to walk to the beach.

Our AC guy finally came and got 1 of the 4 units working, the one in our living room. We are at a very comfortable 26.5 C (80 F) instead of 30-32 C! Even that little bit makes an immense difference, I have to admit. During dinner, Zari said, "I'm too cold! Turn the temperature up a little!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...