Monday, July 03, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 693: Slow going in Le Chateau

I worked on fiddly things that took way too much time, in particular the facade doors for the dishwasher and the washing machine. I had to redo the dishwasher door mount 3 times--so frustrating. And we're missing the hole template for the washing machine so we couldn't get that done.

We put up the crown molding on top of the cabinets. A nice finishing touch.

I rewired a few of the antique light fixtures. I was going to pull new wires, but I couldn't get them to move and didn't want to risk only getting them halfway in or halfway out. So I just changed the bulb sockets.

Quick swim in the late afternoon with Ivy, one of her friends, and Inga. Eric went treasure hunting and came back with loads of water shoes, snorkel masks, and fins.

Dinner was chicken noodle soup made from leftover chicken and bone broth. And, gasp!, a cake mix that our friend gave us. I don't think I've ever even bought a cake mix in my entire life! I do have fond memories of making cake mixes when I was a child, though. This cake mix was one step above the dry boxed mixes--all you do is open the pouch and pour the batter into a pan. (Shaking my head.) But the cake was decent and not overly sweet like American cakes.

We watched a movie tonight and let the younger girls stay up a bit too late...but school is almost done!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...