Friday, May 24, 2024

I feel muddy

I had a consult with a ENT who specializes in treating vertigo and other inner-ear issues. A real specialty with in a specialty. He said it's a bit harder to determine what's going on 10 days after my vertigo started, but he is about 99% sure it is BPPV (back to the original diagnosis from my family doctor, but different from what the osteopath/kine said). Anyway, he did all sorts of tests on me, asked all sorts of questions, and sent me with a big list of bloodwork just to rule out all sorts of very rare things.

There's a word he used to describe my type of vertigo--it's less of a "crise" and more a state of being "vaseux." I looked at him blankly because that's a word I've never heard before. And looking up the translation didn't help, because "muddy, slimy, sludgy" are the most direct translations of vaseux. He described it as a general state of feeling unstable and off-balance rather than distinct episodes of vertigo. I agreed that much of the time, that's what it feels like. General unsteadiness and the room spinning around or shifting any time I'm moving.

I did more painting today--final touch-ups in Le Catamaran.

My brother came with me grocery shopping and then he made some delicious lamb kebabs for dinner: some with garlic & rosemary, others with orange teriyaki sauce. He's going to the Moncao Grand Prix tomorrow--it's the day for many qualifying races before the Big Race on Sunday. He will still see cars racing on the same track, so it should be super exciting.

Eric and Ivy will be gone all day at a tournament. Inga has one game here in town. I'm not sure what I'm going to do besides go to her game!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...