Friday, January 25, 2008

Jan 24 is "Pushday"

The Big Push for Midwives
Launches on Jan. 24 "Pushday"

The Big Push for Midwives is a nationally coordinated campaign to advocate for regulation and licensure of Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs) in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, and to push back against the attempts of the American Medical Association Scope of Practice Partnership to deny American families access to legal midwifery care.

State-by-State Status of Legislation to License
Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs)

5 comments:

  1. What legislation is Iowa introducing this year? Things must've changed rapidly since I left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for bringing this to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting map. Thanks for posting...and btw, consider yourself tagged - ignore if you like, play if you like...

    and hey lynette, are you the lynette I know from IC, and where are you/you had a baby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,

    Yep, I'm that Lynette. I finished an MA in May and moved back to Saskatchewan. And yes, I had a baby in mid-December.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turns out my suspicions were right and the map is wrong: Iowa isn't introducing legislation this year. Those involved are hoping for 2009.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...