Homebirths in Spain
Read about the struggle to access home births in Spain, including hurdles mothers have faced birthing outside the Spanish medical system.
Effect of skin to skin and breastfeeding on primary postpartum hemorrhage
This recent research investigates the effect of S2S and BF right after birth on reducing primary PPH rates and found a strong positive correlation. The paper is titled Does skin-to-skin contact and breastfeeding at birth affect the rate of primary postpartum haemorrhage: Results of a cohort study.
Upright birth support
A Scottish midwife designed an inflatable birth support called Comfortable Upright Birth that's being used around the world. Read about it here:
If you buy a CUB, the company donates a clean birth kit to mothers in developing countries. With every 5 birth kits, they include a CUB as well! So consider buying one for yourself if you are expecting or for your practice if you are a birth attendant.
- Double breech twins in the jungle
- Rhonda Powell, Shawn Walker, Alison Barrett recently published an article titled Informed consent to breech birth in New Zealand in The New Zealand Medical Journal (24th July 2015, Volume 128 Number 1418).
- Heads Up: The Disappearing Art of Vaginal Breech Delivery is now available on DVD for personal use, childbirth educators, public screenings and institutional use. Use promo code 'BetterBirth360' to save 15% this week.
- Taking Birth Back podcast on Why Body Alignment Matters
- OB Talks About Home Birth, Midwives And Re-Engineering U.S. Maternity Care
- A family physician who delivers babies discusses her decision to have a home birth, and the controversy and fear surrounding it. Read her article titled "Amid Fears And Controversy, A Doctor Chooses A Home Birth"