Wednesday, May 05, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 135: Not just Cinco de Mayo

6,252 steps

It's really late so this will be short. I'm so tired that I can't even think of what to write about. I did stuff, we went to soccer, I cooked dinner. But how to write about it coherently? Not happening right now.

Today is also the International Day of the Midwife and my mom's birthday. Back in the States we'd cook some delicious Mexican food (usually things from Rick Bayless' cookbooks) but it's hard to find ingredients here. I mean, life isn't all that bad in France. It just doesn't include chipotles en adobo and masa harina and tomatillos and queso fresco very often.

Zari has the brevet blanc next week and her big 'épreuve orale the week after. She's really stressed right now. Tonight when we were snuggling in bed, she talked about wanting to just escape civilization and live on a deserted tropical island (with the 6 of us) and have food delivered every week and have no other cares in the world. Wouldn't we all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...