Wednesday, May 26, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 156: Soccer with an unexpected twist

7,682 steps

I woke up very early--before 6 am--and wasn't ready to be awake. Once Zari and Dio got up at 7, I brought their toothbrushes out (so they wouldn't come in and wake me up) and went back to bed.

We had our usual soccer + grocery afternoon, but then Eric found out that Dio's team at the chateau had been disbanded and combined with a team in La Trinité, a neighboring city north of Nice.

With just a half-hour notice, I had to get ready to drive Dio and Ivy over there. We missed the exit and spent another 20 minutes on a long detour to get back to the right exit. I really dislike driving over here, because there are so many bizarre intersections with very little warning about which way to go.

So until soccer season is over, my Wednesdays just got a lot more complicated. I'm hoping he can carpool so we don't have to drive him every Wednesday and Saturday.

The soccer field was in a gorgeous area, way up in the hills near the top of a small mountain. We were next to an equestrian center so Ivy and I got to watch people taking riding lessons. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...