Saturday, August 13, 2022

Household tasks and a jump in a lake

Before Eric brought Ivy to her morning soccer match, he helped me cross-cut my desk top on both sides. Next, I sanded both sides down, rounded the corners and edges slightly, and prepped it for Osmo Oil finish. I have two coats on the underside and will do the top side tomorrow. I'm so excited to put my standing desk together!

I did another round of weeding in the afternoon. It's satisfying to feel the roots rip free from the earth. I just wish I had a bit fewer weeds to unearth.

We watched another episode of Knight Rider. I have occasional memories of certain scenes from when I watched it as a child.


In the late afternoon, we went to a friend's house; they live about 8 miles out of town on a lake. We all had a nice swim, jumping right off their dock into the water, then grilled hamburgers for dinner. The lake water is clean, in the sense of not having chemicals or contaminants, but it's extremely murky and slightly stinky. We all showered off once we got home. It was so much fun to relax and socialize. The kids didn't want to leave.

I managed to join Tiktok, upload a video, have the video get flagged, and get myself perma-banned, all in one day. So yay? The offending video had a computer animation of a birth in the upper corner, and Ivy was dancing along making up dance moves to illustrate the 10 Steps of Physiologic Breech (something we teach in our breech workshops).


But never fear! We got the video up on Instagram and Facebook. All is not lost. I'm glad because that 1-minute video took me at least 5 hours to film and edit.

If you're curious, check it out here: https://www.facebook.com/breechwithoutborders/videos/1406661989817472/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...