Tuesday, August 02, 2022

Reunion wrap-up

We got to camp this morning to say goodbye to a few families who had long drives home. I learned that Dio had stayed up with other teenage cousins until 6 am! They only went to bed because one of the aunts (who woke up for the morning) discovered them still awake and sent them to bed. They had a rude awakening 2 hours later.

It hadn't even occurred to me to tell my kids, "You cannot stay up until 6 am" because they have never done anything like that in their lives! Zari and Inga went to bed at the "early" hour of 12:45 am. Yikes! You can imagine we had some exhausted children today. But...it's vacation and I am so glad they had so much fun with their cousins.

We packed and cleaned and then caravaned over to our house. Ivy and two other cousins her same age headed out in the afternoon with their grandparents to go to Disneyworld. We have 13 people staying overnight at our house, so it was still a bit of pandemonium chez les Freezes. But it's good.

Eric has to drive one family to the airport at 3 am, so he's already in bed. I believe I am the last one awake. I sent all the kids to bed on time tonight with stern instructions to sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...