Sunday, April 21, 2024

Cold, sunny Prague!

I bundled up to expore Prague today, after getting a few hours of video editing done. It was beautiful but very cold.

I couldn't believe the crowds of tourists! In some areas, it was a literal river of people and you couldn't really choose where to walk.

In the morning I walked along the river, then across to the Petrin Tower (Petřínská rozhledna) and the Mirror Maze (Zrcadlové bludiště). 





The tower is like the Eiffel Tower but on a smaller scale. It has two observation platforms and you climb up on a double spiral outdoor staircase, going up one way and down the other.





The Mirror Maze was built in the 19th century and was quite fun. It also had a diorama of an important war in the history of Prague on the Charles Bridge.








I decided to cross the river via the Charles Bridge and that's where the crazy crowds began. I wandered back through the Old Town and then home for lunch.



After a few more hours of video editing, I wanted to get out again. Kristine and I had talked about getting a birthday pastry, so we met up and found a patisserie. It looked very French but my sacher torte was surprisingly sweet, almost too sweet! But the shop itself was quite lovely.


I snapped a few pictures during this afternoon excursion of the main square and the astrological clock. It was too cold to slow down and admire the sights!


I had a debrief this evening and talked to the family. Big teaching day tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...