Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Soccer and storms

Ivy's team was partway to their soccer game when the bus turned around. Storms were forecast so the game was cancelled! Eric was halfway there as well. And we got hit with a big, but brief, downpour.


Inga's team decided to wait it out, so they started 45 minutes late. They won 7-1, with Inga scoring 4 goals in the first half. They played mostly junior varsity in the 2nd half because they were so ahead.

I went to Chicago yesterday to celebrate the launch of a new direct-entry midwifery program at Kennedy-King College. A brainchild of Star August Ali and the Black Midwifery Collective, this program at a local community college will train home birth midwives. Really amazing work! The event was attended by all sorts of dignitaries, including national, state, and local politicians.







It was a lot of driving in one day! And I have another big drive ahead this weekend when I head up to Milwaukee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...