First, there's one more breastfeeding book giveaway that ends today: The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk at the Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog.
- Two-year lactation duration decreases risk for coronary heart disease. American Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics 2009; 200: 138e1-8.
- M.M. Vennemann, et al. Does Breastfeeding Reduce the Risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome? Pediatrics Vol. 123 No. 3 March 2009, pp. e406-e410. This study found that "breastfeeding reduced the risk of sudden infant death syndrome by 50% at all ages throughout infancy. We recommend including the advice to breastfeed through 6 months of age in sudden infant death syndrome risk-reduction messages."
- Breast milk agent may thwart HIV: article from The Australian
- Recent breastfeeding legislation in WI, ND, and WA
- New Rhode Island Breastfeeding Law
- The Denny's incident
- An Ohio woman says she was fired for pumping at work. Read more at Mama Knows Breast.
- Actress Isla Fisher talks about breastfeeding (thanks to Mama Knows Breast)
- ABC News article on Salma Hayek's breastfeeding another woman's baby
- A Milwaukee radio show host called breastfeeding moms "sows" and labeled the practice "crude." Read more at Wired for Noise.
- Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog discusses how to choose the right flange for your breast pump
- Resources for medications taken while breastfeeding from the Motherwear Breastfeeding Blog
- Anti-Breastfeeding Bingo