How to make a pregnancy photo silhouette:
- Stand in front of a large window during the day and have someone take a photo. Wear a swimsuit, tight-fitting clothing, or your birthday suit for best results. (I wore a bikini for this photo. Since Eric doesn't usually come home until dusk, I set a tripod on top of a steamer trunk at the foot of my bed. I stood in front of our bedroom window and coaxed Dio, my 3-year-old, into taking several photos.)
- Use the pen tool in Photoshop to create a vector silhouette. It's faster to simply do image>adjustments>threshold, but the results will look sloppy.
- Find a digital picture frame. The frame I used was originally from a real photo, so the edges aren't as smooth as a vector photo frame. Turn the frame into a new layer so you can put your silhouette "inside" (underneath).
- Insert your silhouette.
- Using the text tool, type any numbers or text you'd like to appear on the frame.
- If you're going to do a series of images, save your work first as a Photoshop document so you can reuse the photo frame. Simply delete the old silhouette layer and add the new one each week or month.