Friday, November 20, 2020

Airport purgatory...day 3...Paris & Lyon

Only 6 more hours to go! 

I was a Mean Mama and made all the kids sleep after they ate dinner and watched a movie. They were all looking rather glazed over by that point. Everyone except me got several hours of sleep. I had a short nap and just couldn't get back to sleep after that. 




We spent all morning in the Paris airport, flew to Lyon, and will spend all afternoon & early evening in Lyon. We bought sandwiches--the only meal we'll eat all day, since the grocery stores will be closed once we arrive in Nice. 

Just heard from Inga, as she took her first bite of sandwich, "Oh, c'est hyper bon, Papa! C'est la bonne baguette française." 

Oh, we had a hilarious moment going through security in Paris. I've been tucking all sorts of odds and ends into our suitcases, knowing we'll be gone for 20 months and we have a huge renovation project ahead of us. In one of the suitcases I had a miniature pry bar, about 5" long and perfect for pulling nails. 

Of course it got flagged when it went through the X-ray machine. The security officer had to unpack my entire suitcase to find it...by the end there were piles of underwear and bras all over the table. He finally found the mysterious object and asked what it was. 

"A pry bar for pulling out nails." 

Another security officer leaned over, puzzled. She asked, "But you're not planning on pulling out nails in the airplane?" 

"No--I'm renovating my apartment!" 

They let me take the pry bar through. 

The kids kept cracking up about pulling nails in the airplane. Comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...