Thursday, November 26, 2020

French quarantine 2.0, day 6

9,013 steps 

Kind of a lazy day for me. My alarm clock rang at 7 am and I just couldn't get out of bed. Couldn't. Fortunately Eric took over and got all the kids off to school. I'm usually a morning person so sleeping in is out of character. I don't feel sick; I was just so tired. 

I ran errands later on in the morning. After lunch Inga and Ivy and I went to the beach to look for coins. On our way, Inga found one centime and gave it to a homeless man, who was super nice. Ivy found a 2 Euro coin on the beach almost immediately. On our way home, Ivy gave her 2 Euros and Inga emptied out all of her pocket change to the same man. 

Eric and I sunned ourselves and read books at the beach, shirts off and pants rolled off. He's reading Obama's new memoir and I'm reading "brain candy." Nothing memorable but fun 🙂 

We're totally going to be one of those old couples who spend every day sunning themselves on the beach, summer or winter. There's a crowd of them--some of whom we know now--who are regulars. They shoot the breeze, play cards, and tell jokes day after day. 

Ivy came home from school not feeling well. Poor thing. She stayed on the couch most of the evening napping. I sent her up to bed and we'll see how she's doing tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...