Wednesday, November 25, 2020

French quarantine 2.0, day 5

10,997 steps 

Elementary kids don't have school on Wednesdays, and middle schoolers only have morning classes. I took Inga and Ivy on a long walk hunting for money. The girls were convinced they'd find something, since Inga's friend had found 2 Euros and then gifted the money to Inga. 

At one point, I dropped a coin on the ground when they weren't looking. Ivy was ecstatic that she "found" a 10 centime coin! Inga found a 2-centime coin on her own. 

Inga's friend invited her to go rollerblading at the coulee verte after lunch, so we all came along and enjoyed the afternoon sunshine. I also completed a Finnish version of one of our instructional breech birth videos. 

I finally got my sourdough starter back to normal and made a batch of bread. Inga asked me to film her "making a commercial." 


Dinner was veggie-packed bobotie, minus the egg custard because I was out of eggs and I like it just as well without. I doubled all the spices and upped the meat to 1 kg.  

I dislike the recipe advertising that it's a "brilliant vessel for secret vegetables." We don't need to hide vegetables if we prepare them the right way! In our house, vegetables are a high-demand item. We have to dole them out in precise portions because everyone wants as much as possible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...