Tuesday, June 01, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 162: Rabbits and chickens and goats, oh my!

I chaperoned Ivy's class trip to a local farm up in the mountains. We gathered a half hour earlier than usual to catch a tram + train up to the farm.

Ivy was SO excited. Like jumping up and down, brimming with energy excited.

This was a small farm up in the hills, mostly designed as a teaching farm for groups. We got to see (and touch) goats, sheep, chickens, geese, ducks, pigs, and rabbits. We had a small atelier (workshop) where we carded and felted wool.

There were two classes from Ivy's school. By time we went home, I was exhausted and overwhelmed with the noise and energy and normal antics of 50-odd elementary students. I talked with another chaperone later on today, and she was so tired she feel asleep on the beach waiting for school pickup (luckily she had set an alarm!).

I'll work on the video tomorrow but tonight I just need to collapse. Phew. How to elementary school teachers do that every day?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...