Wednesday, June 30, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 191: Indoor climbing gym aka our apartment building

18,608 steps

Our apartment is temporarily an indoor climbing gym. We have men in climbing gear rappelling down ropes and hefting huge heat pumps up 4 stories, out the archway, and on to the roof. All part of a big ductless mini-split install on 3 of the apartments.



We had soccer so didn't do a whole lot on the apartment, plus it was really crowded with the work crew jackhammering, drilling, and whatnot. I did a bit of electrical work in the late afternoon.

I brought Inga and Ivy to see the special exhibition "Le Printemps des Poètes" at the Grotte du Lazaret. It was the last day of the exhibition and we were the last ones to visit! It was fun to hear me, Eric, and a friend of ours reading poems. (They were also all read in French but I didn't get that part on camera.)



Zari had to go to her orthodontist appointment by herself, and she called me in a bit of a panic, saying she was lost. Fortunately she had only gone a block too far, so I was able to guide her over the phone to her destination. I'm glad I had lent her my phone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...