Wednesday, June 09, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 170: Swimming, soccer, noise

12,237 steps

The plumbers showed up nice and early this morning for a half-day of work. I was going to do some work, too, but decided to stay out of their way. And Eric convinced me to come to the beach for a quick morning swim with all of the kids. It was so gorgeous that Zari went back home to get her swimming suit.

Oh, Zari had her brevet oral today and felt that it went well! Because of that, Dio didn't have any school today.

It's starting to feel like summer. Ivy came out of soccer practice, having dumped loads of water all over herself. I'm always surprised at how long it takes for the weather to get warm. Spring is always beautiful and slow, with very few temperature fluctuations. I generally don't start opening my windows until well into May.

We had yet another failed soccer practice for Dio. He had a RDV at 3:30 pm. We were stuck at a super long stoplight and made it there at 3:31 pm. No one was there! I finally found the coach's number and he told me he'd already left. Seriously?! So we learned we have to be at least 5 minutes early for this coach.

We watched a movie together this evening--well, Eric had a big presentation to work on, so it was the rest of us. Today curfew went up to 11 pm and I am already wishing it were back at 9 pm. Too much noise outside! Go away stupid tourists and locals who make noise. I don't want to be forced to listen to your music and your drunken laughter. Even with my windows closed it's loud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...