Saturday, June 05, 2021

French apartment renovations, Day 166: Rest day

3,867 steps

I got a good night's sleep, but woke up with a slight fever and feeling a bit icky. Nothing terrible, just my immune system gearing up. So I took it easy today and did lots of reading and resting on the couch.

I wasn't feeling well enough to go to soccer games in the morning and afternoon, so Eric had to do it all. Inga and Dio had soccer events in the morning and Dio had a match in the afternoon. So much soccer.

I brought the girls out to the beach in the afternoon for some Vitamin D therapy. I wasn't sure if I would swim, but I finally decided to give it a go. It was great. The water is cool but not cold anymore. Inga and Ivy swam with me and Zari decided just to read.

This brought back memories of 3 years ago, when I was going through all sorts of panic attacks and insomnia and anxiety (related to Eric being back in the States for 4 months and me being with the kids on my own). The only time my body felt normal was when I was in the sea. The rest of the time during that stressful period, my skin, my entire body, felt wrong. And I felt brittle, like the smallest thing could shatter me.

It was a long road to resilience. But about a year after it all began, I could finally look back and say that I was thankful for going through it all. It was horrible, don't get me wrong, but in the long run I learned some amazing lessons about coping with stress and gained good-but-painful insights about myself.

Anyway, enough deep thoughts for one day.

We finished watching "I Am Mother" tonight and all of us were left very confused at the end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...