Tuesday, July 05, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 559: Last minute prep

3,909 steps

A super busy day. I did little putzy things in Le Catamaran all morning and much of the afternoon. Our renter arrives tomorrow night! I'm going to take some final pictures and videos tomorrow. I am very proud of the work we did. I'm glad for all the painstaking hours and attention to detail. 

We finally got the last two marine lamps up in the living room ceiling. It was tricky because of being on the net. We had to lay down a thick blanket, then an old door, then a bucket acting as a step stool. One of us did the install while the other stabilized the person. Just to install 2 lights! If we ever have to change the lightbulbs, we'll have to do it all over again.

I was on a Zoom meeting for 3 hours, recording a breech birth video analysis session. Now I have to edit it all and pare it down to just under 2 hours. I think it will work since we had some chit-chat and other stuff that I can cut.

Oh, and I had the pleasure of waking up at 3:30 am today due to stressing about my Facebook ban. I finally got back to sleep shortly before the kids woke up for school, woke Eric up when the alarm went off, and snoozed for another hour.

Zari met up with friends to play card/board games at the park and to eat snacks. Dio was invited to got to the beach but he needs a break to recover from his sunburn. Instead, he went to his friend's house in the afternoon.

Inga went treasure hunting with Eric afterschool (underwater version) and totally kept up with him. She dove deep down alongside him and recovered several items herself. I'm amazed--I can't do this! Ivy went to the miroir d'eau with some friends. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...