Tuesday, July 12, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 566 and last day in Nice: 8 loads of laundry, 12 scoops of ice cream, and a very clean house

10,119 steps

We have everything cleaned, packed, and lined up by the front door. We wake up at 4 am and head out at 4:30. The tram to the airport is interrupted for repairs, so we can either take the bus (arrives at 5:23 am) or we can take a taxi/Uber (arriving a bit before 5 am). We're still debating which option, given that our flight leaves at 6:30 am. The airport won't be very busy at that time, but is just over an hour cutting it too close?

Ivy, Inga, Eric, and I went for a long snorkel out to La Vierge, an underwater status about 45 feet deep. I couldn't see it from the surface, but if I dove down a bit I could just see the top of the statue. My snorkel was leaking, so I had to stop every 15 seconds and empty it out. That definitely cut down on my enjoyment. It was mesmerizing to see the girls diving down and swimming through huge schools of fish.

We have 6 carry-ons, 6 backpacks, 1 suitcase (my simulator), and 1 violin. 3 flights to catch. Hopefully no overnight stays due to missed connections.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...