Sunday, May 01, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 494: Tired

Eric had to pick his parents up after midnight, so we didn't to sleep until very late...but at least today was relaxing. After lunch Eric took Dio, Inga, and Ivy to the skatepark (which was closed) and then to a nearby park to play. I went to the beach to read a book, but the sun disappeared as soon as I got there. It got progressively colder and then started raining a bit. Oh well, I tried!

It was fun showing Eric's parents Le Catamaran and the front apartment. They are very impressed with what we've done so far. We rigged up a rope to help them go up and down the stairs. I don't want my in-laws getting hurt while they're on vacation!

It's not quite 11 pm and I am so tired I can hardly keep myself upright. Zari is struggling over a particularly dense passage of Pere Goriot. I read it and I know all of the words individually, but making sense of convoluted 19th century wording is difficult.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...