Sunday, May 29, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 522: Mulberries & Mother's Day

10,965 steps

I passed a tiny little park filled with mulberry trees, where we pick berries every year. I had a container with me so I harvested a big bowl full. It would have been much more effective had I had a large sheet and some kids to shake the branches.

Eric was busy all afternoon helping prepare for a James Baldwin conference coming to Nice. But the rest of us had a lovely relaxing afternoon. I read a book, took a short nap, and then made dinner (creamy herbed pork chops and tarte au chocolat).

It's mother's day in France today so I got some very cute homemade cards and poems from Ivy and Inga.

We had a dinner discussion about what makes up our personal moral compass. I was listening to some podcast--can't remember which one--and the interviewee was discussing this idea. I asked all the kids to write down things that guided their own moral compass and then to write how they would describe mine and Eric's. Then I gathered all the papers and we guessed who wrote what. We don't always have Serious Discussions but this was a fun activity and, I hope, reminded the kids that they can be intentional about the values they live by.

Inga made some teeny tiny colored pencils today. So clever! I took this picture about halfway through her project.

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...