Friday, May 27, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 520: Work, swim

8,687 steps

This morning I painted the baseboards in Le Catamaran with the final coat of paint. It was oil-based and a bit stinky. Then I set to installing the spacer bewteeen the washing machine and dishwasher. Eric installed the outside facade of the top cupboards.

Once that was in, I built a platform for the dishwasher to bring it to the correct height. All 4 corners had to be slightly different heights to make the top of the platform perfectly level. I got it cut exactly to the last millimeter.

The dishwasher is now installed and in place. I have to adjust the door slightly but otherwise it's done!

Inga was gone all afternoon in Villefranche with a soccer friend. She came back with a bad sunburn (despite putting on sunscreen) and is now having a hard time sleeping.

Zari had a soccer practice, but the rest of us who were still home went to the beach in the late afternoon. Ivy begged me to get my hair wet (I usually put it up in a bun). She was so happy when I agreed.

Eric is playing in a soccer tournament tonight, so I'll have a quiet evening by myself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...