Wednesday, May 18, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 511: Forced fun & a happy birthday to Eric

10,937 steps

Dio had no school today due to the "brevet blanc" being held at his middle school. And Wednesdays are off for elementary school. They really wanted to go to the skate park, so I agreed to take them. I left Eric, who suited up to sand the joint compound.

And...it's Eric's birthday! Happy 48 (which sounds SO OLD when I say it). We still feel like we're in our 20s so it's really bizarre to see the numbers creep upward.

I've been trying out this new "Too Good To Go" app for reducing food waste and today's haul was great. I bought expired chocolates from one store and perishables from another. We also got Eric a delicious birthday cake from Lac. It was super lemony with about 7 different layers, from crisps to crumbles, to mousses and sponges, all lemon flavored.

I brought Ivy to the beach after soccer/grocery/errands, but the sun disappeared before we got there. Ivy swam until she got stung by a jellyfish. I would have swum but it was too cold without the sun.


And now I'm getting off my computer so Eric and I can celebrate his birthday. First we've got to get our teenagers to bed...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...