Monday, May 30, 2022

French apartment renovations, Day 523: Dust cloud

I spent all day jackhammering mortar on the stone wall. It's pretty much ready for the lime mortar to be reapplied. At the end of the day, I reversed the shop vac and blew out all the joints, which raised enormous clouds of dust. So much that I could only see a few feet in front of me.

I slipped out of the room, showered, and waited for the dust to settle. Even in the hallway it was hazy for a while--the dust had leaked through small cracks. Ivy helped me wash the 4 flights of stairs.

Tomorrow we've planned a few trips to the dechetterie (waste station) because we have so much debris it would take far too long to throw away one or two bags at a time.

Before and after that work day, I also had a busy day with my breech stuff. We've opened 4 new workshops in Australia in the past 2 days and have a 5th in the works!

I was so covered in dust in this picture that it's a bit hard to tell how pervasive it was...until I washed my hands after taking the picture and saw the difference!


Eric caught a denti (common dentex) and a saupe (sarpa) for dinner. Eat local! Eat wild!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...