Monday, May 29, 2023

French apartment renovations, Day 692: Run work cook drill

I started off with a good morning run--half running, half sprint intervals. Then most of the day, I've been finishing a huge video editing project. I'm at the part now where I've edited, encoded, uploaded, cleaned up the captions, downloaded the caption files, put them back into the videos, and then uploaded almost everything to the course platform. Phew!

I also had a meeting with a research assistant (DNP candidate who's doing her thesis on some qualitative interviews of breech providers). I'm really impressed with her final project and think it can easily be submitted for publication.

I made creamy herbed pork chops for dinner plus a small salad of tomatoes and South African goat cheese (the last remnant of food that I had brought back with me). Inga cooked a 2-ingredient chocolate cake today made of dark chocolate and eggs. It turned out quite well, and she was very satisfied to do the whole thing by herself.

In the afternoon, Eric and his parents and Inga and Ivy went to the beach. I decided to stay home since I'd already gone running and was hoping to get this project finished.

I gave Dio a haircut tonight. He's looking great. Totally unbiased of course 🙂

I did a few small home improvement projects in Le Château--got the bathroom mirror hung up and the holes marked and pre-drilled for this amazing carved wooden coat hook dating back to 1734. I have to wait until tomorrow to drill the rest of the holes, which will go into the rock a bit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...