Wednesday, May 17, 2023

South Africa, day 11 & a long travel day home

I'm back home in Nice!

I had yesterday free before my late afternoon flight. I found a luggage storage service, went on a walking tour of Bo-Kaap and downtown (since I couldn't find a hiking buddy), wandered around downtown a bit more, and visited the National Gallery.










My flights were smooth--the first one was 11 hours and arrived in Frankfurt in the morning. Then one quick flight to Nice got me home by late morning. I went right into normal life again, shuttling kids to soccer and running errands in the between hours from dropoff to pickup.

Our friends downstairs in Le Chateau had a birthday party for their oldest (a few weeks younger than Dio), so we spent the evening eating and enjoying each other's company.

I'm tired! Very excited to sleep in a real bed tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...